Marketing is one of those activities that seems deceptively easy because we see so much of it – newspaper, radio, outdoor, email, and online. People know what they like and what resonates with them so it seems like an easy thing to do yourself. (Credit to the professional marketers and others who make it come alive!) The challenge is, it requires a combination of art and science to get the right mix to create the greatest impact considering your audience, business, objectives, budget, competition, and more.
So how do you know if you need assistance with your marketing? Any of these sound familiar?
· Trying to do it all yourself – you’re passionate about the business but you’re not a marketing expert and you’re not sure if what you’re doing is effective
· Staff member has limited experience – the person responsible for marketing on your team needs guidance and support with developing strategic directions
· Sales are dropping off and you don’t know why or what to do about it
· You have challenges generating leads or attracting new customers or you’re generating leads but not making the sale
· You have a limited marketing budget and you don’t know how to best allocate it for the greatest impact
· You’re trying to grow your business and you’re not sure how to develop a growth strategy
· A new competitor is moving into the market and you’re not sure what steps to take
· You’re feeling pressure to cut your marketing spend because the economy is turning down and but see that is only a short-term fix
If one or more of the above resonate with you, you likely need assistance going forward.
So what now? Check out: 5 Options for Meeting Your Marketing Needs