Subway Sponsorship of Tour of Alberta
- Mark was primary event planner and on-site coordinator for this extensive event activation
- Tour of Alberta is a provincial sponsor’s dream as it naturally allowed for activation at multiple locations across the province. It included:
- 10 communities with starts/finishes spread over 7 days
- Travelling through 70 jurisdictions in the province
- Estimated in-person audience of 300,000
- Activation was extensive:
- 7-person, roving street teams at all starts and finishes
- Tent, feather flags and street team at start zone festival areas
- Subway Zone – limited access area at finish lines staffed by a street team and featuring product sampling, give-aways (cash cards, coupons), and Subway branded thunder sticks.
Tour of Alberta Races into Consumer’s Hearts
Canada: Earlier this month, Tour of Alberta sped through the province, with SUBWAY® Alberta as a platinum event sponsor. The widely televised and highly attended event was a huge success, making it the perfect fit to promote our active lifestyle brand image.
About the Event
Held Sept. 2–7, the six-stage, world-class cycling race rolled 700km across 7 cities and towns, featured 16 elite cycling teams made up of 120 racers.
About the Marketing Campaign
A multi-media campaign promoted our Tour of Alberta sponsorship, giving us great exposure at race events and community festivals. Highlights from the campaign included:
We made more than 2.3 million impressions over 14 days, using microsites, digital and print ads, flyer wraps and a contest targeted to healthy-living audiences, sports enthusiasts and cyclists, and females 18–49.
Logo inclusion on track banners, advertising, starting and finishing line arches, SUBWAY® sprint jerseys and event programs, as well as extensive media coverage that included mentions of the “SUBWAY® Sprints.”
Street teamers at the start and finish of every race rewarding the crowd for doing random acts of fitness, like pushups, to earn a water bottle, a cash card or a wristband allowing entry to the SUBWAY® Zone at the finish line.